Food Preparation and Cooking – Intermediate Apprenticeship
L2 NVQ Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking) - Intermediate Apprenticeship
1-year programme with 1 day-a-week at college. This Apprenticeship will teach you how to cook a range of savoury and sweet dishes including fish, meat and poultry, hot and cold sauces and soups. As well as gaining valuable work experience, you will also study towards your qualification at the College. Apprenticeships are designed by employers for employers and are tailored to meet the needs of each specific sector. An apprenticeship will allow you to get qualified, get paid and get a career all in one go! To enquire about an apprenticeship please call 01305 208709 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A successful interview plus:
- four GCSEs at grade D
- self-motivation and a passion for cooking and working in the industry
- ability to remain focused and productive, when under pressure in a busy kitchen and restaurant environment
- ability to communicate effectively, demonstration of a professional approach and commitment to undertake duties.
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery).
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed in the work place.
Progression to the Advanced Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery.