Food Preparation and Cooking – Advanced Apprenticeship
L3 NVQ Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking) - Advanced Apprenticeship
14 month programme. Are you an experienced professional chef ready to take your cooking skills to the next level? With a Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery you can improve your general cooking standards. Who are they for? This qualification suits people with plenty of experience in a professional kitchen or a Level 2 qualification in hospitality and is the first step into kitchen management.
A successful interview plus:
- five GCSEs at grade C or related vocational level 2 qualification
- level 1 English and maths
- good culinary and established knife skills
- previous experience of working in a busy restaurant environment
- ability to effectively process a high workload while ensuring quality and consistency
- good work ethic and commitment to continued learning
- need to demonstrate a professional approach and commitment to undertake duties expected of employees within the HIX Academy and wider industry.
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 3 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- Level 2 functional skills in maths and English
- Employer rights and responsibilities
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed in the work place and also at college.
Employment within the industry or a higher level qualification.
Students are expected to be equipped with basic safety clothing, footwear and basic tools. Specific details will be provided at interview. Please note: Individual students may purchase their own dishes at a minimum cost.
If you are aged 16-18 as of 31st August on the year of enrolment – no course fee. If you are over 19 as of 31st August and enrolling on a full-time programme of study a tuition fee will be applicable in most cases, please contact us for full information. Rehabilitation of offenders: To help us look after students and assess risks, you will be asked to declare any unspent criminal convictions when you apply to do a course at Weymouth College. We are committed to providing an inclusive learning environment for all. We welcome people with additional learning needs and/or disabilities and those from diverse backgrounds in all minority groups within the community, ensuring students receive fair treatment when studying at Weymouth College.