Children and Young People’s Mental Health
Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
It is important for those working with children and young people to have a good understanding of the concepts, risk factors and impact of mental health. Emotional well-being is just as important as a child’s mental health. Understand the factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health and how to support them.
“I’ve really enjoyed doing this course and had great support from my assessor. I feel that I have a better understanding of the mental impacts that young people go through.” Nathalie
You will study the following units:
- Children and young people’s mental health in context
- Factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
- The impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Children and young people’s mental health concerns
- How to support children and young people with mental health concerns
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
Eligibility for FREE* level 2 Distance Learning Courses
- Be resident in England
- Must have lived in the UK or EAA for the last three years
- Must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August)
- Have a full level 2 qualification (if aged 19-23)
*This course is free to complete if you meet the eligibility criteria, however a withdraw fee of £100 applies in the following circumstances:
- Learner requests to withdraw
- Learner does not commence their course
- Learner does not complete their course by their allocated end date
There is a two-week grace period where learners are able to withdraw from their course free of charge. This starts from the date of your welcome email containing login details and access information for the learning portal. You will be provided with further details on the withdraw process at sign up.