Children and Young People’s Mental Health
Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
It is important for those working with children and young people to have a good understanding of the concepts, risk factors and impact of mental health. Emotional well-being is just as important as a child’s mental health. Understand the factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health and how to support them.
“I’ve really enjoyed doing this course and had great support from my assessor. I feel that I have a better understanding of the mental impacts that young people go through.” Nathalie
You will study the following units:
- Children and young people’s mental health in context
- Factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
- The impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Children and young people’s mental health concerns
- How to support children and young people with mental health concerns
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
- This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.
- You will achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Course Length: Up to 3 months