Identifying and Controlling Food Allergy Risks (Level 2)
Level 2 Award in Identifying and Controlling Food Allergy Risks
Delivered through the Dorset Training Academy and awarded by the RSPH, this one-day course is designed to provide learners with an understanding of why food allergens need to be controlled and strategies for control, such as keeping and making available information about allergen ingredients, reducing cross contamination, improving communication and providing advice to consumers.
Increasing numbers of individuals suffer adverse reactions every year from the ingestion of allergens in food with many high profile cases appearing in the news on a regular basis. This number could be greatly reduced if more people involved in the production, preparation and serving of food were aware of the risks to people from food allergens and how to control these risks.
This course provides effective, efficient and comprehensive allergy awareness training for all types of food business. This course covers the minimum industry standards for processes and procedures expected of any food handler and includes the following:
- Understand why food allergens need to be controlled, with reference to:
- Symptoms produced by ingestion of food allergens
- Foods that commonly cause adverse reactions
- Why food business operators need to identify and control food allergens
- Know how to protect people with food allergies and intolerances from adverse reactions, with reference to:
- Food allergens in dishes and products
- Routes of food allergen cross contamination and methods of control
- How communication can reduce the risk of adverse reactions
The one-day course is a minimum of 7 contact hours, and will be delivered at the Cranford Avenue College site, with free parking available and refreshments and lunch provided. Training can be delivered on site to meet business needs, please contact us to discuss a pre-course assessment of your premises.
A maximum of 16 students are allowed on all training sessions and there is a 30 minute multiple choice exam at the end of the course. Certificates will be distributed within 10 working days of the end of the course.