First Aid at Work – Requalification
Level 3, Two-Day First Aid at Work –Requalification (NUCO/FAA)
Delivered through the Dorset Training Academy, this course is designed for those learners who currently hold a First Aid at Work qualification which is due to expire.
Please consider the following rules for attendance:
- A First Aider can renew their FAW qualification by attending a two-day requalification, if it is within 1 month past the expiry date.
- If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can requalify by attending a two-day course providing special considerations have been applied. Please contact us to discuss your individual circumstances.
- If the First Aider has lapsed beyond 3 months then they must attend a full three-day course.
The course covers a wide range of first aid emergencies, enabling all participants to deal with emergency situations with confidence in a prompt, safe and effective way. It includes the following:
- Legalities, responsibilities and reporting
- Dealing with unresponsive casualties
- Assessment of the situation
- Fractures and spinal injuries
- Control of bleeding
- Resuscitation and AED awareness
- Heart attacks
- Head injuries
- Chest injuries
- Eye injuries
- Sprains and strains
This course runs over 12 hours spread over at least 2 days, ideally over 2 consecutive days but can be arranged within a 6 week timeframe to accommodate business needs.
The course will be delivered at the Cranford Avenue College site, with free parking available and refreshments and lunch provided. Training can be delivered on site to meet business needs, please contact us to discuss a pre-course assessment of your premises.
A maximum of 12 students are allowed on all training sessions and there is no exam at the end of the course. Successful completion of course is based on continual assessment throughout the duration of the course and certificates and small wallet sized cards which are valid for 3 years will be distributed within 10 working days of the end of the course.