Falls Prevention Awareness
Falls are the most frequent and serious type of accident in people aged 65 and over, with 10,000 falls happening each day. Falls often affect a person physically and mentally – they can result in fractures and broken bones, but also in a lack of confidence and isolation. If you work in health and social care or have contact with older people who are more at risk of falls, this course is ideal for you. You will learn about the risk factors and causes of falls, as well as how to prevent falls and how to manage them when they happen.
You will study the following units:
- Falls in context
- Understand the risk factors and causes of falls
- Falls assessment and prevention
- Managing falls
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
- This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.
- You will achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Course Length: Up to 3 months