Childcare BTEC level 2 Certificate (L2)
BTEC Level 2 First Certificate in Children's Play, Learning and Development
This qualification prepares you to work in a supervised capacity with children and their families in a variety of settings and environments within childrens services.
- Selection is by interview.
- 5 GCSEs at grade 3 (D) or above including English or equivalent
- Level 1 CACHE Certificate in Childcare – need to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service application to attend work placements (Approx. cost £45 to be paid on enrolment).
- Mature students are also welcome to apply.
There are 7 units which include:
- Patterns of child development
- Promoting development through play
- Principles of early years practice
- Promoting children’s positive behaviour
- Making healthy food choices for children
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed in 5 units by means of tasks which are written and assessed by Tutors to meet criteria set by the Awarding Body. there are also 2 one hour exams that assess 2 of the units. You will also undertake work experience where you will gain valuable knowledge and skills working in either schools or early years settings. Work experience will be organised and monitored by the college Work Placement Officers.
With this qualification you may enter employment and gain additional training through an Apprenticeship or progress to further education such as the Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (EYE).
The College library has an extensive lending and reference book stock in addition to videos and journals. For certain units, you may wish to purchase specific books and materials amounting to no more than £30. A basic uniform of a polo shirt is required for placements. These can be purchased through the College at enrolment at a cost of £9.60.
- If you are aged 16-18 as of 31 August on the year of enrolment – no course fee.
- If you are over 19 as of 31 August and enrolling on a full-time programme of study a tuition fee will be applicable in most cases. Bursary funds – There are financial support arrangements for 16-18 year olds and hardship funds available for the over 19s. Please contact reception for details of costs and concessions on 01305 761100 or email email@example.com