SafeguardingYou can read the College's full policy Child Protection and Adults At Risk Policy.
The College is committed to working together with Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole Local Safeguarding Children Board and Dorset Safeguarding Children Board to complying with their procedures. It recognises that it has a responsibility towards all children and adults at risk attending or visiting the College, to safeguard their welfare and to take appropriate steps to ensure this can be achieved. The Designated Senior Person is Kieren Hasler Vice Principal Operations and Resources and is contactable by email Kieren_Hasler@weymouth.ac.uk, if you have any concerns or are presented with an issue, which might relate to Child / At Risk Adult Protection, please contact him.
- The College ensures that safe recruitment practices are followed when employing staff
- A safeguarding culture is actively promoted within the College
- The College has a senior member of staff who leads on safeguarding across the College and 7 trained Child Protection Officers
- All governors and staff receive regular training on safeguarding. Volunteers, employers and partners of the College are made aware of the safeguarding procedures and their responsibilities towards our students
- All students receive an induction and information on safeguarding and what to do if they are concerned about any situation. Immediate access to a Child Protection Officer (CPO) is available to all students and staff.