Campus and Facilities
Our campus is just a stone’s throw from Weymouth beach, and is home to industry-standard facilities:
- The UK’s only Hix Academy training restaurant, which is dedicated to discovering and developing the finest young chefs and restaurant staff. Open to the public. Visit the Hix Academy website for details.
- Hair and beauty salon, Studio C
- 250-seater The Bay Theatre
- State-of-the-art media facility The Hive
- A separate campus in nearby Poundbury, Dorchester dedicated to art masterclasses and stonemasonry (for which Weymouth College is internationally renowned).
Weymouth College operates two sports centres Redlands Community Sports Hub and Fitness for Life, both with a wide range of sporting activities available to students and the public.
The College Travel & Transport department organises the travel needs of our students. Not only does the College provide annual bus passes, allowing 52 weeks of travel to students who live more than five miles away from the site, but we also operate our own coach for students who travel from East Dorset.