What is Work-based Learning?
Work-based Learning (WBL) qualifications enable you to fit study around work and earn whilst you learn. They allow you to achieve valuable qualifications at the same time as gaining relevant, practical experience in real work situations.
Work-based learning also incorporates Apprenticeships, please refer to the Apprenticeship page for further information.Unlike other similar courses that require students to be away off-site during working hours, these courses have none or limited time away from your workplace. Benefits include:
- Course design involves a minimum time away from the workplace
- Use of your own work projects for assessment
- Employer and student benefit from completion of assignment projects
- Increased confidence which makes your time more effective in the workplace
- A qualification that could be awarded after one year of study
- There are no examinations; assessment is by coursework only.
- You are employed
- You are studying at college and have a part-time or access to work placement.
- Higher National Certificate or Diploma
- Foundation Degree
- Other vocational specialism.