Degree Centre Weymouth
Welcome to Degree Centre Weymouth (DCW), a Higher Education (HE) centre on Dorset’s beautiful Jurassic Coast that offers a range of university level courses specifically designed to provide the key skills for work and for degree-level study in partnership with our awarding bodies: Plymouth University and Pearson.
The QAA Quality Mark and QAA Review
The QAA Quality Mark is awarded to higher education providers who have met or exceeded the UK expectations for quality and standards in their recent review by QAA. It communicates to everyone that an institution has a guaranteed minimum level of quality and standards and is a QAA subscriber.
The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) has confirmed the quality and standards of provision at Weymouth College following its review in March 2016. A team of QAA reviewers visited Weymouth College and judged that its academic standards, the quality and enhancement of its student learning opportunities, and the quality of information about its learning opportunities all meet UK expectations and has been awarded the QAA Quality Mark. The full QAA review can be read here and Weymouth College’s Action Plan here.
We still have places available on several of our courses for September 2016 – please contact Roz Osborne direct on 01305 764733 (email firstname.lastname@example.org) or click on the links highlighted below for full course information and applications through UCAS Clearing 2016.
Our courses include:
- Contemporary Fine Art Practice (Click here for UCAS link for Clearing 2016)
- Contemporary Photography Practice (Click here for UCAS link for Clearing 2016)
- Creative Media Production (Click here for UCAS link for Clearing 2016)
- Health and Social Care (Click here for UCAS link for Clearing 2016)
- Public Services (Click here for UCAS link for Clearing 2016)
- Sport; Coaching, Health & Fitness (Click here for UCAS link for Clearing 2016)
- Biomedical Science (Click here for UCAS link for Clearing 2016)
- Music Performance (Click here for UCAS link for Clearing 2016)
- Digital Arts & Technology (Click here for UCAS link for Clearing 2016)
- Performing Arts (Click here for UCAS link for Clearing 2016)
If you are an international student please visit our international students section.
Study locally to help reduce your student debt
We are proud to offer a value range of two-year Foundation Degrees (FdA/FdSc), Higher National Diplomas (HNDs) and Higher National Certificates (HNCs) allowing students to stay local and study towards their higher education qualifications.
Our Foundation Degrees will allow students the option to complete their degree level studies with a designated one-year top validated by their partner university either at the university or a partner institution or apply to other relevant courses at a university of their choice.
Our HND courses are designed to give you the skills for a particular field of work, they can lead straight to a career or you can apply to top up to a relevant course at a university.
In addition to saving on accommodation and livings costs our Foundation Degree fees are £6000 per year and our HND fees are £5250 for Home/EU students compared to £9000 payable at most universities.
HNC is the equivalent of the first year of a degree and is valued by employers as a recognised professional development for their employees. As this is a part-time course it is suited to students who are currently employed and want to gain a work related qualification or students who might wish to enhance their employment opportunities.
Our Higher National Certificate fee is £3000 per year.
Contact the team and find out more
The lecturers and staff will be happy to provide you with any advice and guidance you need to select a course that best meets your needs. For any further questions or information please contact Roz Osborne on 01305 764733 or by email email@example.com
- Plymouth University Partnership
- About Weymouth
- Qualifications Explained
- Support & Funding
- Visiting & Applying to DCW
- Why Study at DCW?
- The Higher Education Student Voice
- HE Appeals Policy for Level 4+5 non Uni
- Higher Education Students Complaints Policy
- Assessment Policy – Higher Education
- Admissions Policy and Procedure – Higher Education
- HE College Charter