Stonemasonry CSKILLS Award Level 3 Diploma (QCF)
Dorset Centre for the Creative Arts
The Diploma Level 3 is for those intending to work towards an NVQ Level 3
but would prefer to start with a college-based training programme or are unable to find a work placement, which is a mandatory requirement for an NVQ Level 3. This course will prepare you for work in a particular construction occupation. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment.
• Selection is by interview.
• Applications from mature students are welcome.
• You must demonstrate an interest and commitment to study.
Plus the following
• You must have successfully completed the Level 2 Diploma in Stonemasonry and have Level 2 English and maths
The course consists of practical training with phase tests and job knowledge, and an external multi-choice test.
• Assist in establishing the operational area
• Assist in progression operations
• Assist with organising resources
• Coordinate and prepare components for complex masonry work
• Health and safety – multi-choice test (if not completed at Level 2)
• Knowledge examination – short answer questions test
• Practical phase test
• Related geometry
• Set out complex templates and moulds
• Specific and associated technology/job knowledge
• Working the ball finial, ramp and twist, quatrefoil
Keep up-to-date with our stonemasonry blog - www.weymouthcollegestonemasonry.com
How will I be assessed?
At Level 3 there is continuous training assessment throughout the course
and you will complete one practical test and one knowledge short answer test.
You must also complete a health and safety multichoice computer test if not
completed at Level 2.
After completing Level 3 you can progress to NVQ Level 3 with the relevant
work placement and the Foundation Degree (FdSc) in Applied Architectural
Stonework & Conservation.
• If you are aged 16–18 as of 31 August on the year of enrolment – no course fee.
• If you are over 19 as of 31 August and enrolling on a full-time programme of study a tuition fee will be applicable in most cases.
There are financial support arrangements for 16–18 year olds and hardship funds available for the over 19s.
Please contact our Information Centre for details of costs and concessions on 01305 208808 or email email@example.com