Professional Cookery Advanced Apprenticeship
14 month programme.
Are you an experienced professional chef ready to take your cooking skills
to the next level? With a Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery you
can improve your general cooking standards.
Who are they for?
This qualification suits people with plenty of experience in a professional
kitchen or a Level 2 qualification in hospitality and is the first step into kitchen management.
A successful interview plus: • five GCSEs at grade C or related vocational level 2 qualification • level 1 English and maths • good culinary and established knife skills • previous experience of working in a busy restaurant environment • ability to effectively process a high workload while ensuring quality and consistency • good work ethic and commitment to continued learning • need to demonstrate a professional approach and commitment to undertake duties expected of employees within the HIX Academy and wider industry.
• NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery
• Level 3 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
• Level 2 functional skills in maths and English
• Employer rights and responsibilities
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed in the work place and also at college.
Employment within the industry or a higher level qualification.
• If you are aged 16-18 as of 31st August on the year of enrolment - no course fee.
• If you are over 19 as of 31st August and enrolling on a full-time programme of study a tuition fee will be applicable in most cases, please contact us for full information.
Rehabilitation of offenders: To help us look after students and assess risks, you will be asked to declare any unspent criminal convictions when you apply to do a course at Weymouth College.
We are committed to providing an inclusive learning environment for all. We welcome people with additional learning needs and/or disabilities and those from diverse backgrounds in all minority groups within the community, ensuring students receive fair treatment when studying at Weymouth College.